It's always sad to finish a book that I haven't been able to put down. My good friend Amy recommended Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen.
Although I read quite a bit, it's rare that I think about a book during the day and can't wait until the kiddos are down so that I can read. I even let the kids watch a little extra TV today so that I could sneak in a few chapters during the day. They are sort of sick anyways...that's my excuse. For some reason I feel guilty doing anything like that during the daytime.
Anyways, it is set in the circus train days in the 1930's. It was fascinating to learn what went on behind the scenes. People were desperate so they would work even if they couldn't count on being paid. Anyways..it was very richly written with fascinating characters, love, murder, and a freakshow. Highly recommended, obviously.



2 comments:
Hi Perrin,
It was a good one wasn't it? I couldn't put it down either!! I love your blog!
Amy
Sounds like a great book. I'll have to look for a copy.
Post a Comment