Friday, November 9, 2007

Sick Week

I have neglected to blog this week but nothing of interest has happened. The kids caught a mild cold last weekend and then I caught it but it was more full force for me. I am really tripping out on having lost my sense of smell. I don't think I have had it like this before. I made this crock pot tortilla soup recipe of my sister's and I couldn't smell it or taste it even a bit. I even lit my new Cinnamon Yankee Camdle and can't smell that. Very weird!

Corinne is home from school and we are headed in to a very non-scheduled 3 day weekend. Yeah! I have hopes to see the Bee Movie with the family. That's about it. Oh...my mind is turning to Christmas and I'm trying to think of cute crafts to make to give to the grandparents. Tell me if you have any good ideas to share.

Check out this adorable idea for an ornament. I think my kid's handprints would be way too big but it's cute if you have a little one and some talent. http://boards.babycenter.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?msg=4531.7&nav=messages&webtag=bcus1294779&Ad=com.bc.common.AdInfo%406d5df0c8





*****NOT MY DESIGN OR PICTURE




I did start Christmas shopping. We got Corinne the digital art studio from Fisher Price and I got Dylan some of the new Planet Heroes which are like rescue heroes but a whole new line. My mind is spinning and I have lots of ideas for my immediate family.

3 comments:

Mona said...

Thanks for the idea of the ornament, that is so cute and I think I will try it with Quinn and Camp's hands.

How was the Bee Movie???

Sheri said...

You find the best craft ideas! I never would have thought of "snowman" hands -- that's great! We have the nagging edge of a cold that has been hanging for over a week ... I wish it would just go away. I hope your cold disappears quickly.

malissa said...

I hope you guys are doing better...You are so crafty, its amazing to me, as I am the least crafty person ON THIS EARTH!! :) I have never in my 35 years have uttered the phrase, I did crafts with my kids today. Does this make me bad? Miss you!