Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Two Things I Have Been Dreading



So, 2 things I have been dreading have come to pass (or may).

1. The group slumber party. I have been hoping to avoid this as long as possible. Corinne has only had one sleep over and it has been at our house. Her best friend in Kinder/1rst grade had a rule about no sleepovers until 8 years old. Worked for me..until now we have got to that time. Ugh! It is a pretty good friend of hers who is a "cool kid". I sort of know her mom. I don't know!! It is in about 2 weeks.

2. This one is much more serious....we may be "redistricted" (word?) There is a new plan in the Evergreen School District which moves us to a much less desirable school in a little over a year. I am beyond upset. I think it is simply awful to force kids to switch schools. This would be when Corinne enters 4th grade. There is a meeting in April that I will go to to fight it but I don't know what will happen. Damn the recession and budget cuts.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

I hadn't heard about the redistricting(?). Where is she now/potentially going to? Is there a website? That sounds like the year Nick would start kindergarten. YIKES!

Brenda said...

Girls and sleep overs... it must be a gender thing! Katie has been asking for a sleep over since she was 3. 8 sounds like a good age... until your child reaches it! Keep us posted.

I'm sorry to hear about the possible school switch. My fingers are crossed that it won't come to that.

amy4 said...

I'll be a the "front line" fighting this with you!!