Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Truth

Oh no....the dreaded day has come. Corinne has asked me point blank if Santa Claus is real. She said only 2 kids in her class still believe and everyone says it's really just the parents. What have you said or what will you say? I think since she was so direct and I will have to anser truthfully. I was thinking of saying something about the spirit of Christmas comes to the parents or only those who believe get directly from Santa. I don't know. I really don't want the magic to be over. Boo hoo! Give me advice..PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd grade is a whole new animal. We have BFF's (her little group calls themselves that) and now she is watching iCarly. Tell me I don't have a Tween already.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey P, I say.......Santa is real as long as you believe, there will always be a Santa Clause. My parents used to put a really big pair of boots in the soot from the fireplace. Made really believable footprints. My dads shoe size was a lot smaller. Make rain deer prints in the snow or mud. Have the kids put timothy hay out on the lawn that evening...then go and mess it around the area. These are all things we do each year for our kids. Kevin also goes to the NASA Website that follows Santa and his rain deer all over the country.

Hope it works,
Huggs, Jillian

Unknown said...

Oh, no! That's depressing that by 2nd grade Santa loses out to boring realists. I'm keeping Santa alive in my house for as long as I can. I think what you might say to them about it is just right.

Brenda said...

Oh Perrin, I really feel for you. What have you said? I don't know what I'll do when that time comes.

My mom admitted it to me after my babysitter spilled the truth. I can't remember how old I was. I do rememeber my mom asking me not to tell my little sister (and I never did).

What I found funny back then is I instantly realized that meant there was no Easter Bunny or Tooth Fairy. Yet many of my friends still believed they were real, even though Santa Clause wasn't. :o)

I hope Corrinne is dealing with this discovery okay. Second grade just seems too young to know the truth.