Sunday, April 22, 2007

Corinne's Vet Party

So, the party has come and gone. I was very happy with it all. The kids came and selected a Beanie baby cat or dog (that I got cheap on Ebay). They then decorated a collar for it with foamies and self-adhesive jewels. I also had a foam frame craft and coloring pages. Then we went in to the clinic area and they got a notebook full of all the tests and exams they needed to give their pet. I also read a book about an animal going to the vet. I had a little panic at this point because we were an hour in to it and seemed to have gone through all the activities. But then we did cake and presents and the kids were then happy to back and repeat some things, color, or run around like crazy. Corinne got excellent presents...art, Polly Pockets, Pet Shops, Little Ponies...all the favorite things.

I can't believe she is turning 6. Some of you will recognize kids in the pictures that you knew as babies and toddlers. Corinne seems to have gotten past her worries about turning 6. Seeing all the presents and cake has helped. Anyways, this is my first attempt at a photo montage. My awesome friend Quynh was kind enough to take most of the pictures as it was my first party without the help of my parents. I'm so glad that I asked her because my hands were full and I probably would have no pictures otherwise. Also, she is a great photographer. Now to plan a Pirate Party.


5 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow! What a great montage!

You are so crafty and creative! You really out did yourself with Corrine's party. I smiled when I saw the little dog dishes you used as ice-cream bowls. You really thought of everything. I bet the kids had a BLAST! I think I'll be asking you for party ideas next year for Carson. :o)

malissa said...

OMG Perrin! I can not believe the work you did for that party. Everything looks so cool. You sure are the nicest mom ever. Corinne looks so happy! Is the pirate party going to be this fancy? Wow...Thats all I can say. That and I bet your glad its over!

kurlokids said...

Wow!!! It looks so FUN!!
What a creative and wonderful mommy you are!

Mona said...

What a great idea for a party and the details that you put into it were great! I love the pet dishes for the ice cream, I can't wait to see what you do for the pirate party.
I noticed Lilah...wow she is such a big girl now!!!

Casey said...

So much fun!!! Loved all the pictures - amazing! The montage is a great keepsake, too. :)

Happy (late) birthday to Corrine!