I must be out of my mind right now. I am considering getting a dog. I am truely a cat person as is my husband. But our daughter is a dog freak I tell you. She asks for one all the time. All her favorite stuffed animals are dogs. She even asked for a puppy birthday party even though I said no as we did the vet theme last year (control freak much?)Anyway, Corinne spent a lot of time in tears yesterday after finding out her best friend is moving away. It will be a loss as she is the one we do play dates with all the time and is the kid she hangs out with most. And you know how she takes things. So this got me on the dog kick. I had a lot of pets growing up and I really believe in kids having pets. Really, if we ever were going to get a dog, it probably should be now while I am still a stay at home mom. And so it's life cycle would match more with the time we have children at home. Corinne being sad isn't the reason, I have always thought we would get one in the future but is the future now? And Dylan seems to be over his fear of dogs now.
I don't know....I need to think about it more. I don't know if we would get a puppy (like the puggles or beagles that I think are adorable ((and they match up with my temperment desires per quizzes on the web)) ) or an adult dog from the pound. Hmmm!! I don't know too much about dog care. Could we even have a puppy? We don't really have an area to block off in our house to keep one (for potty training or whatever).
**Is it terrible to start sentences with And. Sorry if so. I'm sure it's not gramatically correct but it is how I speak.



6 comments:
Do it!!!
If you get a puppy, prepare yourself for another child. Also, get a kennel, that way you won't have to worry about blocking off a ection for potty training. Call me!
Great minds think alike. We are "thinking" about puppy-hood this summer. I miss having a dog around. I've been doing the pet quizzes on Purina and a few other sites, too. I love labs/lab mixes ... but John thinks they're too big. So, we'll see. Maybe we should compare notes (hee-hee).
I'd just wait until Spring time. It is much easier to potty train a dog in the summer when you don't have to deal with rain and wet paws! :o)
Good luck!
Herbie needs a friend in the neighborhood!!! :) I definitely agree that if you guys decide to get a puppy, crate training is the way to go.
Start all your sentences with 'and'. I talk like that too. And from what I recall, it's not bad grammar. It's for emphasis!
Get a dog! Bite the bullet! I'll live vicariously through you and your pet experiences until I wear my husband down.
Post a Comment