We just got back from the caucus. It was an educational experience and great to see democracy in action. It is also a crazy system that we have in Washington. I didn't know we even had caususes here until recently but now I do. Lots of people got up and spoke and it is an exciting year for Democrats with 2 good choices.
My husband, as you can see, is a big Hillary fan. He was the Precinct Captain and was the only one there on her side that brought signs, etc. The Obama team was a lot more organized. He gets to be a delegate at the county convention in April.
He has been quite obsessive about politics this year so I told him to put his money where is mouth is, so to speak, and he got involved. I am quite proud of him. He tells me he can stop obsessing so much now because he has done his part. Overall it was a cool experience.
I will just go ahead and say that I like both candidates but definitly favor Hillary. If Obama is the one, I will surely jump on board. Oh scary....one of the forbidden topics has been talked about. Go Hillary!


7 comments:
I will see him in April as I am a delegate too! It was so chaotic, but very interesting!
Very cool! I wish I could participate and vote. Maybe I should look into getting my citizenship.
Anyway, my political views are the same as yours! Go Hillary! :o)
Go Jeff - that is great that he went out and participated (you too Perrin!)! Sounds like it was a very interesting day. I agree with you both - GO HILLARY!
I just say "Go Democrats!!" I will support who ever takes the lead. Wahooooo!!!
And good for Jeff for getting involved. I didn't realize that we were "caucusing" instead of having a "regular primary" until the day before. What was up with that? More coverage on that in the paper would have been helpful (I rarely every watch the news). Sheesh.
Why do they schedule caucusses during nap time? Seriously. I have my voter's pamphlet (which, they sent why???) that I won't get to use ... well, I could, but it doesn't matter.
(pardon my little rant/rave)
But, glad to hear that you the Democrats have such good support!
I'm impressed!! I don't know that Jason feels doing his part would ever require more than his time at the polls. Of course, I'm no activist; I look at the photo you posted and think, "Man, what a snooze-fest!" :)
Post a Comment