Saturday, July 28, 2007

Better

Thank you all for your kind words and support. I am feeling better as we get a grip on this whole thing. My mom is scheduled for surgery on the 9th although there is question if chemo should be started first to shrink the tumor. My sister is due to have her baby on the 11th. I am comtemplating trying to go to Sac during that time but am not sure if I can swing it. It sounds like the survival rates are pretty high now and my mom is really having a good attitude and is ready to fight. She is planning to cut her hair short next week which is a huge deal since she has a long ponytail she always wears. So..that's the latest.

We have kept very busy the last 2 days which is a good thing. Last night was a BBQ at Jeff's boss's house. I have to say my kids manage to get themselves a lot of attention. I was such a shy child so it shocks me that I have these kids that can sit at a table of adult strangers and chat their ears off. They were pretty cute though.

Not much on the schedule for the weekend. We'll see what we come up with.

4 comments:

Casey said...

Thanks for the update on your mom - having a positive outlook is great, good for her!! I am still sending lots of good thoughts and prayers.

Keeping busy is good. :) Hugs.

Brenda said...

Thanks for the update. I've been thinking of you and your family.

Sheri said...

Just letting you know I'm also sending thoughts and prayers for you and your family. If there's anything I can help with, I'm just around the corner.

malissa said...

Perrin, I am so sorry. We just went through this with Matts mom, it's hard, but I know she will get through it. All my love...