Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Surprise Party-Our Trip Part 3


On the final night of the trip, we had a surprise party planned for my parents 40th wedding anniversary (which is in August). Since I don't live there, my roles were pretty much to get them there and to make the slideshow. That day happened to be my birthday so I told them I wanted to go to this country club for my bday dinner. The party was starting at 7 which my mom thought was too late for my niece to stay up. She made the reservations 15 minutes early and even wanted to go earlier to walk around. We finally got the reservations switched to 7 but then my dad, like me, always likes to get places early. I had to get ready for the night really slowly which I am sure drove him nuts. We got there on time and they were totally surprised. While trying to figure it out, my dad wondered why all these people would be at my surprise party. It was great!

My slideshow turned out although it didn't have any sound. That turned out fine since everyone seemed to enjoying talking during it and it made it less emotional. I am so glad we did it.












2 comments:

Casey said...

Yay! I'm glad it turned out so well and good for you to dawdling to stop them from getting there too early and ruining the surprise. :) Great photos.

Brenda said...

Sounds like a fantastic night! I'm impressed that your parents never caught on or know one let it slip. Great pictures too!