Friday, June 8, 2007

Books and Movies

Happy Friday! Not much to report...just day to day life creeping by. Our neighborhood is having a garage sale today and I wish I had got my act together to be out selling. There is a lot of traffic out there. I did have a nice find of 3 large decorative bird cages that I will put on my still empty plant shelf in our bedroom. I'll post a pic when they are cleaned up. My neighbor Amy is being nice and selling a few things for me.

So....with no tv on at all I have followed along and got an online movie rental membership. So I need movie suggestions. The last 2 movies I saw were Music & Lyrics and Sherrybaby.



I have been disappointed with most of the romantic comedies that I have seen lately but I really liked Music and Lyrics. Hugh Grant was his old self...snarky, a little pathetic, lovable. I like Drew B


although I think she is one of those actors that plays themselves. For those of us who loved the 80's music scene..you should like this.

Sheerybaby was with Maggie Gylanhall (sp?) and she played a just released from prison, druggie mom. I remember it getting buzz when it was out. I like it but it was depressing and for some reason her lack of a bra bugged me the whole time.

I also went to Target and treated myself to a new book. I have been good about borrowing books or going to the library lately but I just wanted an easy mom chick-lit book and it's quite entertaining so far. It's called Rattled....link is to the side.

I get 2 nights out this week....a baby shower/cocktail party and the Year End Installation dinner for MOMS Club. Yeah me!

Happy Birthday to Amy K. I am so glad to count you as a friend.

3 comments:

kurlokids said...

Thanks for the bday wish!!! I too am glad to have you in our lives.

malissa said...

Hey Perrin! I just saw The Queen last night, it was really good. I have Netflix too, its fun! I PROMISE to call you this week, after my final on Tues.

Unknown said...

I loved Music and Lyrics, but I'm a sucker for anything romantic comedy. Throw in those cheesy songs and videos, and I'm in heaven!

You catching the Cimarron garage sale this weekend? It'll be my first time - hope I find something superb :)