I haven't heard anyone mention this really, but I am sort of stumped with a potty issue with Dylan. He hasn't had a real accident since early April and he is doing great. Suddenly though, I keep noticing he pees a little in his pants. Enough that he has to get fresh undies once or twice during the day. Not a lot so that it would run all over but enough that his underpants are half wet and sometimes there is a spot on his pants too. TMI I know. It doesn't seem to bother him but obviously I don't want to send him to preschool this way. Any help is appreciated.
Corinne did finish school today. I found out she got the first grade teacher that I was hoping she would get so I am happy. As for your question Casey....I tend to keep us pretty scheduled during the week with classes, activities, and even playdates that are on a regular basis. We will get things scheduled for the summer but it just takes a little getting used to. I have to admit that I really don't like staying home all day with the kids. In theory it is nice but they fight a lot and I usually start to get really annoyed throughout the day. I also feel a lot of pressure to work on the house but also to give them full attention and I end up feeling guilty one way or another. I love to be out all morning and home in the afternoon. I am just a creature of habit and like to see fun activities written on my calendar. Free days scare me. (totally different story prekids.) In case you don't know by now, I like to stress over things. Like is not the right word but I mull things over a lot and worry more than I should.
Thursday, June 21, 2007
A Question
Posted by
Perrin
at
3:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
About the pee pee - I am sad to say that Nathan still does this sometimes. He just waits and doesn't go until the VERY last minute. He is a big consumer of liquids, so this doesn't help! I know this isn't much help, but I just thought I'd let you know it happens in our house as well.
So I got a little teary-eyed saying goodbye to Miss Wood today. She has been so wonderful! I just hope his teacher next year is good. I am glad that Corinne has Miss Canfield - she seems very nice and a good fit for Corinne. Have a great weekend - looking foward to the zoo!
With the potty thing - I might suggest reminding him to go every now and again (you probably already do that - it's all I can think of though). Kelton used to wait until he had to do a dead sprint down the hall to get there in time and even now, I'll ask, he'll say no and then 5 seconds later yells "YES! I have to go NOW!" I think they just get busy and forget until their bodies can't hold it any more.
ANd what you said about scheduling things totally makes sense. Staying homw does tend to drive me crazy with the fighting, the messes, etc. Maybe MY stress level would be lower if I could get them out of the house most days. Something I should think about, that's for sure. I just wish they weren't so hard to take out and about. *sigh* A vicious cycle, I'm sure. :)
Oops..I see Dakota was signed in on this computer and umm...I of course didn't notice until I had commented.... sorry. :(
I'm just like you Perrin. I prefer to get out of the house and do something in the mornings. The days go by quicker and the kids are happier (and therefore less bickering). :o)
Paige still pees a littlein her pants occasionally. She just waits too long. Don't worry about preschool, they have an assortment of lovely sweatpants for extra clothes for emergencies.
My boys do the same thing with holding on for much too long doing the pee pee dance and that is why I clean my toilets everyday with bleach and water.....by the time they go (mostly Quinn) it shoots out all over the toilet and thus always having a little on the supermans unders. Sullivan is almost 8 and just tonight I notice the yellow mark on the unders...I don't think it will ever end.
Post a Comment