I have been on a bit of a reading binge lately. One I finished after waking up at the horrible hour of 5:30 is "What Do You Do All Day?" by Amy Scheibe. I really enjoyed it and didn't want to put it down. It's sort of in the vein of "I Don't Know How She Does It"....Mommy Lit. The mom really wants to give her all to her kids but she misses her career. I don't have that issue but I can relate to the idea of being ready to have something for myself. She had many funny lines about being dead bored playing tea parties and Candyland. I love to hang with my kids but I do hate Candyland and don't have a ton of patience for "playing toys". Especially since Corinne doesn't want me to be creative and wants the dolls to only say what she wants them to.
We had a nice leisurely day at the park with friends as Corinne is off school today and only has 2 more days to go. I am finding it hard to get focused...just want to sit and read and enjoy the sun.



2 comments:
Hey - that looks like a good book. I just have to to get a copy. I finally managed to finish the "I was a really great Mom before I had kids" books and really liked it. Not so much a novel type book - more in the vein of self-help. And goodness knows I can use all the help I can get! :)
I got it from the library and will return it soon. Worth reading
Post a Comment