Saturday, September 22, 2007

Girl Scouts



So, I am still sort of on the fence about whether I like Girl Scouts as an activity for my child or not. Mostly it is a big commitment, which on top of soccer as a big commitment, I feel that Corinne is .....well..overcommitted. I won't go into the militaristic aspect. Today she had an all day camp event and she seems to have had a great time. Of course getting details from her is like pulling teeth but from what I can gather, it was lots of fun. Her leader went on and on about how well she did..making it to the top of the rock climbing wall, etc, singing enthusiastically. The poor kid though did not drink a drop all day. I sent her off with water bottle and capri sun type drink and apparently she didn't want to trouble the leaders to help her open them. I sent her with a disposable camera so maybe I can prompt her memory a bit for more details.

In the spring there is a one night overnight camp that the leader wants the girls to attend. I'm sure it would be fun but Corinne hasn't slept away from us before (except with grandparents) so I feel not yet ready for it. The leader says I can volunteer to go if it would make me feel better.. Oh boy!

Tomorrow we are planning to go to the Portland Pirate Festival. It looks really cool and we all love pirates around here.

No comments: