Sunday, September 9, 2007

Rat Babies

We've done it! After months of talking about it, we finally got Corinne pet rats. Yes...rats with an "s". After much research, we found it is sort of not nice to get one on it's own as they need a lot of social activity. They are older babies and female (I hope).

Meet Squeak (all gray) and Whiskers (white and gray).
Whiskers is the name of the rat that I had as a child and Corinne wanted to reuse it. Corinne is on Cloud 9 and I am seeing a whole new maternal side of her. "Come to mommy, sweetheart". etc. She has been very responsible with them so far. They even pooped on her hand and she didn't freak out. I am about to become very familiar with rat poop as they do seem to do it often.



They are friendly and love to climb up on her shoulder. So far we are happy. They have quite a deluxe rat condo as I got very frustrated with a full day of cage shopping and bought something in a box not realizing how huge it was. They are cute and so far I am happy with the decision.






7 comments:

Pam said...

They are so sweet! I can't wait to see and hold them!

Casey said...

Corinne looks so happy! Congratulations on the new addition to your family. :)

amy4 said...

Too cute - congrats! I love the names too. I know that Nathan and Ryan would LOVE to come visit Squeaks and Whiskers sometime soon. This will be a great experience for Corinne (and Dylan too!)

Sheri said...

Awwww, too cute! Congratulations on your new housemates. Squeak reminds me of my rat Jibbles (I had trouble with the word gerbil as a kid) :-)

malissa said...

You are so nice. Corinne looks so cute and happy. I'm sorry, but you could not pay me to have a rat in my house!! Good luck!

Mona said...

Congratulations on the new pets, that's great that you came home with two.

Brenda said...

Corrine looks so excited. Congratulations on your new family members. :o)

(On a personal note - rats creep me out!!! My poor kids will never be able to talk me into getting them.)