Monday, January 14, 2008

1 Fish, 2 Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, New Fish

So...I took the low road and bought a new fish. And it has been a little hairy! In the pet store, the fish looked very similar and also at home in it's cup. I was acclimating it and 10 minutes before Corinne got home I dumped it in and it turns out it is mostly red with just blue on some fins. I think it's water had a blue tint. It looks totally different.



My only saving grace is that I also replaced the rocks on the bottom so instead of the dark blue, it is now multi-colored with lots of pink. So...Corinne notices and says "Wow, Sapphire looks like a totally new fish with those rocks." Crap!!! I lied my ass off and said the she was reflecting the new rocks and it made her look different. She repeated all this to a friend on the phone...that Sapphire looks pretty and like a totally new fish. Now I really feel guilty. Ugh!

**UPDATE This fish definitly changes colors depending on which way you look at it. Corinne says we should call her Ruby when she is looking red and Sapphire when blue. Oy!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

You did the right thing Perrin.

Try not to feel guilty. I think it is safe to say 99.5% of your friends would of done the same. :o)

Casey said...

I'm with Brenda - I probably would haev done the same thing. Harder to do with a furry critter but a fish - I would be mighty tempted. Don't feel guilty.

Sheri said...

First, I love your blog title ... you really captured this one. Second, I agree with Brenda & you can add me to the "I'd do it" list. Finally, I know it isn't the same, but you know how they say as a parent we should "pick our battles"? In this case, I think you made the right decision to side-step one given how sensitive you said Corinne has been lately. Oh, and nice job on the rock color change--very creative! :-)

Mona said...

What a stressful moment, good thing for those rocks.
At least she is still a happy little girl!