Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I Want My (m)TV

Ok...not MTV as I am 37 but I want my TV shows back. I am so irritated with the writer's strike. You would think that the networks would be losing so much money that they would figure out a way to end this. I guess I will reactivate my Blockbuster online subscription and go and watch some series that I haven't seen before. Any suggestions? I am think of Six Feet Under. I have seen all of Nip/Tuck. I haven't been as excited by this new season since moving to LA but the last episode with the suicide bomber was really good.

Sorry...no pictures from the big night out. I suck. I am going to take my camera out and put it somewhere so I will see it all the time since I haven't taken a single picture all year. Bad me.

6 comments:

malissa said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Six Feet Under is the best series I have ever,ever, watched. I can't tell you enough how good it is. It is many, many hour long episodes though. I am being totally honest when I tell you I cried for 2 weeks when it was over. Very touching.

kurlokids said...

Try Tell Me You Love Me on HBO...this too is SO good!!!!

Mona said...

Another series that I have heard a lot of people say is good is Big Love, I haven't watch it myself only seen a couple of episodes which I thought were really good.

The networks know that they can put on all these lame reality shows in place of the others and still make money. That is how they are getting away with this. Scott keeps telling me to stop supporting these reality shows, I guess he is right.

Brenda said...

I think I'll be doing the same thing Perrin... I miss my shows too.

Sheri said...

Ok, first ... I'm totally bummed there are no museum photos (next time, call me ... I'll race across the street and take one for you).

As for TV shows, we are finishing Stargate (via Netflix). Yes, it's SciFi but it's not geeky. It's very quick, slightly sarcastic humor intermixed with space travel. I'm a Gilmore Girls junkie, and this seemed to have the same edge.

Unknown said...

We are currently watching Six Feet Under (now on season 3 of 6) and we LOVE it. But we also don't have HBO, so much of the show's edginess is just us needing to get out more. It's an intriguing story line though. I have heard so much good stuff about the ending that I can't wait to get there. I hope you decide to rent it. Watch after the kids are in bed :)