I think I can handle most of what parenting has thrown at me so far. Not always easy but doable. What I don't think I will be able to take is kids being mean to my kid. I have talked about Corinne and friend issues before and I know my little drama queen plays her part in it all.
Anyway, she has always sat by a certain little girl on the bus in the morning. The last couple of days I have noticed her sitting alone. SO today I stood there and watched and saw this little girl get up and run to the back of the bus and hide. Maybe Corinne pissed her off or someting but nothing is going on as far as I know and she was even at our house last week. I don't think Corinne noticed her and she was so happy getting on the bus. Grr! I am just not going to be able to take the heartache of rejection.
In other news,....
We are going to Disneyland. I feel very indulgent but we decided we will blow our projected tax refund on a trip back to the Happiest Place On Earth. Yes...we just went last April but we had so much fun and are dying to go back!!! So...we'll have our ripped leather couch for another year (what we would buy otherwise) but who cares??? Hmmm...and I found a babysitter so Jeff and I can go to his company's winter party. Rather than a holiday party, they are having a winter party at the Portland Art Mueseum with dinner and a swing band (the one that actually played at our wedding). OMG! I haven't been to a fancy party in who knows how long. What to wear?
I'm so happy to have some things to get excited about as this part of January is always sort of a drag for me. Yeah!


5 comments:
Kids can be so cruel, Scott always reminds me to let the kids figure out there problems and if they need our help they will ask. It's hard to do but he's right, they do come to me if there is something going on with their friends. Just keep breathing through this.
Have fun dressing up for your party!!!
Kids can be cruel. I think it hurts us moms more then our children sometimes.
Disney! Nice! We keep talking about going...
Enjoy your big night out! It sounds like a lot of fun
jealous. Mean Girls, huh? See, I knew having boys would come in handy some day.(remember when jack was the mean boy?) I am sure Corinne will turn out like the nice Lindsay Lohan in the movie, and not the real life scary Lindsay Lohan. :)
oops, I meant I am jealous of Disneyland. As of last summer, Jack was still going on the rides a 3 year old would go on. I'm trying to get us on the Disney Cruise.
Hopefully any kid issues have been worked out by now (I'm a bit behind in the blog world).
On the other hand, I'd love to find out about your Disneyland trip. We're trying to plan one with some friends in CA.
Have a great time at the party!
Post a Comment