Monday, September 15, 2008

Monumental Moment

After 7 years, I declined to renew my MOMS Club membership. I haven't attended at all in a year so it's not too big of a deal but it is the end of an era. Back in those first few years of babies and toddlers, it meant the world to me. Happily many of my closest friends today came from MC. Between bunco, blogs, phone calls, book club, and even still having a playgroup, I am lucky to have held on to so many of the great women I met there. I adore you all.

Now we are in to the school years. There are many great things about that as well. I sometimes miss babyhood but I agree with a friend that once told me 5 to 10 are the golden years. No diapers, no teens! I must enjoy while I can.

3 comments:

Casey said...

It's been quite a ride, hasn't it? I'm at the juncture of "do I renew? I still have a 3 year old..." and "I never seem to go and it just doesn't seen to fit my needs anymore so maybe I won't renew this year."

It's weird to think about saying goodbye to something that has been so integral in our lives.

Anonymous said...

:( sigh... I know...

I'm getting there too... with the older kids and life changing and...

...sigh...

You know I agree about the golden years. I am LOVING the school aged time... it is really fun :)

I love you perrin! I'm so grateful for MOMS club because it introduced me to so many wonderful ladies like you!

HUGS!

Sheri said...

I'm coming up on 3 years in MC (which I know is nothing compared to most of the fabulous women I've met there). But, at the same time, it's so sad to see familiar faces leave. I know that my day will come, but I just wish we could all leave together so it doesn't feel so final. I'll look forward to seeing you at future Buncos and other events! :-)