Just thought I'd share a little art with you. This first is Dylan's Kindergarten HW assignment of decorating a paper doll to look like themselves. We were instructed that the kids should do most of the work. It's a little scary and cute all at the same time.
Corinne did this lovely piece. The color didn't scan well. 
Tomorrow Dylan has his first real day of Kindergarten tomorrow. I can't believe it. He'll get on the bus and everything. I will have 3.5 hours to myself most every day. This is both good and bad. I should finally accomplish some things around my house. My goals are organize the house, get up to date on my pictures (maybe start Dylan's baby book), and go on some good walks with Penny. I am ready for some time to myself but I think I will mourn the loss of the social activities I had when the kids were younger. Hopefully I will manage some lunch and coffee dates with those in the same situation. This also puts me one step closer to getting back to having a real job. Oh the stress!
Plumbing news....we had the funniest plumber here on Friday. He was an old guy and he kept bumping his head under the sink. I will say that I had a good experience with Apollo Plumbing. He charged less than half what I had been quoted elsewhere. The good news is I have a new faucet and disposal. The bad news is that I think I may have further serious plumbing issues. The sink is better but doesn't drain as it should. The next step will be under the house to look for bad pipes and some sort of jet flushing. Ugh!
Sunday, September 7, 2008
New Art
Posted by
Perrin
at
9:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You have some very talented and artistic children! I love Dillan's self-protrait!
I'm in the same boat as you this Fall (kid-less 2.5 hours/4 times a week). I'm thinking of setting up a bi-weekly or monthly coffee day for all of us "lost" moms. :o)
Post a Comment