Thursday, August 30, 2007

Catch UP


Here is another of my favorite old pictures (about 2 years ago). My kids were actually sitting and watching tv this way.
We had back to school night tonight and it was lots of fun to start getting back in to the swing of school. Mrs. Canfield is awesome and Corinne is all ready for 1rst grade. They seem to have split her Kindergarten class up pretty evenly among the 4 1rst grades but we knew a few kids in there. She is going to sit next to a girl she met on the playground, Skye, and the girl who was the big trouble maker last year, Aleena. We had an interesting issue last year with Aleena in that Corinne announced that since no one liked Aleena, she would be her friend. This warmed my heart until I realized that this is not a kid that has friends for a reason. Bad! It was short lived and Corinne grew sick of her as well so it will be interesting to see how this goes.
I think Jeff and I are finally going to cave into Corinne's begging for a pet. I have said this before but now we have told her we will go look this weekend. I would love to get her a kitten but I just can't have 3 cats and we are not ready for a dog. So...I think we are going to go for a rat. You can say it....eewww!! She really wants a mouse but after research and recommendations, rats seem to be by far the best choice in the small mammel department. I am not looking forward to stinky cages but my girl has been desperate for a pet for over 2 years and I believe in kids having pets. I think she deserves one. Our cats are old and don't care much for kids so she hasn't really had one yet. Fun fun!

6 comments:

Sheri said...

Congrats on taking the pet plunge again! I loved my rat--you can train them to do lots of things. My 3 best rat tips are:
1. Get a female (smaller and no dragging body parts--need I say more?)
2. Check its teeth (if the top teeth are curled or appear to be pushing into the bottom lip--not healthy)
3. CEDAR shavings (cuts the smell immensely!)

Happy RAT Hunting! :-)

Brenda said...

I grew up with all sorts of pets (rabbits, dogs, gerbels, hamsters etc.). It's great for kids. A lot of work for parents though! :o) I think Corrine will make a great pet owner!

Pam said...

I loved my rat. She was so sweet. If you get one as a baby the tail grows with it so it isn't so creepy looking right off the bat. Handle it often so it is used to it. Bob's cousin goes everywhere with his. It just sits on his shoulder or in his shirt.

kurlokids said...

Love the picture of your kiddos. It is too cute.
I can't wait to see how the pet shopping goes.

Mona said...

Make sure to take a picture right away so we can all see the new pet in the house.

Casey said...

Happy pet hunting!