So...I just have to say that I am not enthusiastic about Crock pots. My house just reeks of the potato leek soup that I cooked yesterday and I feel like I am going to throw up if I keep having to smell it. I really wished crock pots worked out for me. It would make soccer nights so much nicer. But...most everything I cook tastes pretty gross. I am a decent cook otherwise. I've had chicken be so dry that it breaks. With my soup..the potatoes cooked down to a really nasty gritty texture. I can see how it would be nice to come home from work and smell a cooking dinner but when you are home all day, the smell gets old. I always lose my taste for whatever it is just by smelling it all day. I make a pot roast in it that turns out ok but otherwise, nothing turns out. Grr!
Friday, October 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I feel the same way about crockpots. I have only found a couple of recipes that I enjoy eating and smelling. :o)
Hey there P..........I'll have to get you the cookbook I have . I love it, and I use it often. I have made some really great things, and its so easy. From bbq ribs to soups, to the best yankee stew that I have ever had. Go YANKEES!!!!!!!!
I'm hoping that the crockpot angel visits me this winter ... because I haven't had much luck either. Then again, I haven't used mine enough to really say for sure. I've only cooked some vegetarian soups and chicken in mine.
I too am still mastering the crockpot, but I do have a very excellent steak stroganoff that's done in the crockpot (minus the noodles of course). I'll pass it on to you if you like. Don't give up!
Post a Comment