Monday, October 8, 2007

Did a pin drop?

It is so quiet at my house right now. I am having a good 3 hour chunk of time to myself while both kids are at school. It is a rare day because my car pool "buddy" is driving both ways today (Thank you A) There are many great things about it such as errands done on my own and house cleaning (and half an hour of pleasure reading). On the other hand, I have such a sense of sadness and too much time to think about how big my kids are and this time of the 3 of us at home is about over. The neighbor kids are out playing right now and I would go join in except that I don't have a kid to take along so that seems a little pathetic. OK..I am being depressing. Anyways....it is wonderful and sad all rolled in to one.

Oh well...one of the kiddos gets home shortly and the craziness will resume.

We had a quiet weekend at home which was fun. Not much else is going on. I am chaperoning Corinne's pumpkin patch field tript his week so I am looking forward to that. I love the pumpkin patch and can go several times without getting tired of it. That's it for now.

3 comments:

kurlokids said...

I always say the good thing about life is change and the bad thing about life is change too. It is good, but it is hard, and awful and wonderful all mixed into one.

Casey said...

Oh boy do I understand this - it's all going by way too quickly.

Sheri said...

If it ever gets TOO quiet, I'd be happy to loan you a 2yr old (LOL). Hang in there and think of all the positives ... now, you'll each be able to share something with the others that you did today--more stories to tell, more things that were learned.