Thursday, October 11, 2007

Pumpkin Patch #1


We are having another busy week. I went the pumpkin patch for the first of many times. That's ok though...it's one of my most favorite activities. I was one of the chaperones for Corinne's classes field trip. We had a lot of fun even though it was pouring rain and we had to take frequent breaks to take cover under a big tree. I was in charge of Corinne, her current frenemy, and another nice girl. It was interesting to see some of the dynamics and see that it's not all in Corinne's head. Girls I tell you.....I'm not sure if I can handle it all.
One sort of funny thing that happened was on the bus ride. We drove by this big church that had an enormous sign that said SEX with some small wording underneath. One by one, half the bus asked "what does SEX spell?' All the chaperones were a bit flustered. Oh my!
This weekend I am hoping to have our big family pumpkin patch outing. Last year we went through a corn maze that took us 2 hours and it was so fun. I hope to do it again. So...I'm sure there will be many more pumpkin pictures. I will also go with Dylan's preschool and maybe when my mom visits next weekend too.
So...I decided to hire a gardener for a one time clean up since it seems that Jeff and I mostly forgot to do yard work this summer. We were really bad. We never should have bought a house with a big yard because we both dislike working on it. Anyway, I hired this guy that was very nice and obviously new at it but I thought I would give him a try. He actually did a fairly poor job and I went out a few times to ask him to do some things he overlooked. I noticed he hadn't picked any of the blackberry vines that were growing here and there. I asked him to do it and he told me how monks garden with no gloves. He proceeded to pull them out with his bare hands. Ouch!! Oh well.
**Once again my paragraph indentations and spaces between aren't working. What's up with that? I don't intend to have once huge run-on paragraph but I can't seemt o fix it.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I love the pumpkin patch too! I can't wait to go!