Bummer! Squeak the Rat died today. I feel terrible for Corinne. She is wondering what she did wrong even though I have explained over and over that it wasn't her fault. I guess we will go look for a new companion for Whiskers this weekend. Poor kid.
Aside from that, it was a good day. I volunteered in Corinne's classroom for the first time this year. I really adore her teacher. I think she was being nice and and special efforts to show me what Corinne was doing in class and how fabulous she is. I was so amazed by kids remebering me from kindergarten. Even the ones I barely knew. They were cracking me up to. They wrote in their journals about what they did this weekend. One girl wrote a detailed account of how her brother threw up in his bed. It was so funny. Corinne was very happy to have me there and I had to tell her that we needed to cut down on the hugs and kisses.
Not much else to report. We are getting in to the flow of the school year and things are good.
Monday, October 1, 2007
We Lost One :-(
Posted by
Perrin
at
7:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Awww...poor kid. Losing pets is never easy. :( I'm glad you are enjoying volunteering - I start on Monday and I'm really looking forward to it.
Sorry to hear the sad news. I think finding another playmate for Whiskers is a good idea. That will also help Corrine understand that you trust that she's being a good "mommy" to her pets. All the best to all of you.
Sorry to hear about Whiskers. :o(
It sounds like Corrine has a wonderful teacher! I can't wait to get in to Carson's class to volunteer
Post a Comment