Corinne has been jumping with excitement this week as St. Patrick Day is coming. Last year a Leprechaun paid us a visit and turned the toilet water and the scrambled eggs green. He also sent the kids on a treasure hunt ending with chocolate coins. Needless to say, this made a huge impression and is perhaps more exciting than the Easter Bunny. So....this afternoon she has set up numerous Leprechaun traps around the house. The one in the picture is a little table she made with a chair that has tape on it so the leprechaun will stick to it. She is going to tempt him with candies. Big excitement!
Dylan is doing pretty well with potty training. He has had accidents for sure but he suddenly seems motivated by a sticker chart (never worked in the past). I am also burning through the little prizes I have had stashed. If he stays dry all day today he gets a spiderman tattoo. He is pretty excited by the that.
We have beautiful weather which is wonderful and it inspired me to get out to do yardwork...which made me totally depressed. Our poor grass is in horrible shape and is overrun with moss. It's frustrating because I feel totally clueless about how to do things in the yard. I can weed but that's about all my confidence level can take. I just don't know what to do about bushes...when and if to trim. I have a monster rosemary bush outside our back window but the middle of the plant has gotten so thick..it will look weird to cut back. I just want to tear it all up and start over. Sigh!



7 comments:
sorry about the big run on paragraph. I tried to edit many times to break them up or intedent but it won't let me.
indent..ugh! I give up.
LOL
Don't worry about the "intedent". Seriously! I know my posts are often riddled with poor grammar and creative spelling. We don't judge in blog land!
I just loved your story about Corrine and the Leprechauns. What fun! She is pretty creative to come up with the idea of putting tape on his chair. :o)
Yeah Dylan. I finally moved Katie from the little potty chair to the big toliet. We got Katie her very own potty seat (Dora). She is doing well, but is still a little scared of the big potty and has had a couple of accidents (#2) because of it. Everything in time.
Sorry this is so long!
That is such a creative way to trap a Leprechaun - I love it! Hope it works :) About the yard, I can completely relate to what you are saying. I got out today as well, and just started hacking away on some of our bushes! Hopefully they'll survive!
Hope the green eggs were yummy!
I forgot to tell you, I am so happy that the sticker chart is working out for Dylan! It worked great for both of my boys when potty training.
What a GREAT idea! St. Paddy's day has always been a non-event for me, and now my kids, but that sounds like a greta way to make it fun! Thanks for the ideas.
Post a Comment