Sunday, March 18, 2007

Overlooked





Do you ever have something in your house that you just don't notice, and then one day it seriously bugs you and you can't believe you lived with it? Well...for about 4 years this lovely gray Rubbermaid container has been the toy box in our family room. It was supposed to be temporary but then I just mostly forgot about it. Then yesterday I really noticed it and couldn't stand it anymore. As luck would have it, I got an unexpected $75 check in the mail yesterday and I went straight out shopping. This never happens to me, but the first store I went to, Cost Plus, had exactly what I was hoping to find. Yeah! I did a big toy purge this morning and I am so happy.

In my comments..I apologized for my run on paragraphs. It's not how I'm typing them....but when I publish the blog entry, it changes...even if I go edit.

*** Also...Brenda..no my sister doesn't digi scrap...she had that done as the bday invitation. And Amy...the BBQ was delicious. Jeff kept to his word and did the whole dinner including dishes. I sat back and drank some wine and was giddy with it all.

**Oh...And Dylan stayed dry all day yesterday for the first time. Go Dylan!




5 comments:

malissa said...

I remember that box! It has been around for awhile, I'm glad to see you bought a pretty one!

Brenda said...

Pretty toy box! It's the perfect size for your corner too.

Sounds like your catered BBQ was a huge success too! :o)

amy4 said...

Sounds like diapers are a thing of the past - YES!!!!

The new toy box looks great, and I'm glad your BBQ was so tasty!

Unknown said...

My whole house is sort of that thing I look at and wish I could update! That new box looks great. Good find.

Mona said...

Wow...love the new toy chest!