Friday, March 9, 2007

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes, and Shoes



Today I had it in my head that the kids needed new spring shoes. I'm not sure why since it is a cold rainy day. I guess I noticed that the 2 pairs Corinne has worn all fall/winter are looking pretty shabby. Anyways, we got fancy this year and picked nothing simple. Corinne's new pink tennis shoes have sparkly flowers. Dylan's have Diego and Dragons.

Corinne was off school today so I thought I would plan something semi fun and go the mall, buy shoes, go on the train and merry-go-round, and have lunch. Not Disneyland but not totally boring. I'm not sure if it is the age or if I have spoiled children but lately, every time we leave a playdate or a store or whatever, my precious daughter has a fit about either staying longer, doing more, or getting something. It's just about making me not want to plan anything fun for a while. Ugh! Seems like we leave every event on a bad note now. Hopefully this phase will pass soon.

Weekend plans....Corinne has a Girl Scout event to watch a blind baker bake. I have always wanted to visit the Villagio Bakery so it should be fun. Then she has a bowling bday party to go to. Corinne has bday parties to attend the next 3 weekends and Dylan has not a single plan. Poor guy! I rented The Departed and Babel which both look interesting. I'm in the mood for curling up on the couch this weekend. Oh..I need wine! Maybe I should go to the store. Well...hope everyone has a good weekend.

5 comments:

Casey said...

Cute shoes! By the way, it's not just Corinne who pulls that stuff at the end of fun things. Kelton has been doing it as well and it makes me want to scream. It just ruins the whole time and makes me wonder why I even try. *sigh*

Enjoy the movies - and I hope you got lots of wine! :)

Brenda said...

Cute shoes. I was just thinking how I need to get my kids new shoes for summer too! :o)

malissa said...

I know how you feel about the spoiled child thing. It is ridiculous how much Jack asks for. I told him I'm going to have him start volunteering at a place where kids don't have money to buy everything they see. Cute shoes!

amy4 said...

I love all the shoes - I wish I could buy girlie shoes, but I don't think Nathan and Ryan would be too thrilled! :) Hope you had a great weekend!

kurlokids said...

Super Cute Shoes! We too have our share of fits/requests beyond requests for more STUFF etc when leaving a place or ending an experience!! It is frustrating to say the least, but I guess age appropriate...maybe??