We had beautiful spring-like weather today and that always gets me going. It was a super busy but good day. I voluteered at Corinne's school and then she went home with a new friend. Dylan and I went over to their house a little later and the kids had fun and I think I made a new mom friend..yeah! It's so nice when you meet someone with the perfect age kids for yours.
I took Dylan to the doctor and I am so frustrated. When he started preschool in the fall, the teacher noticed that he covered his ears a lot. Since then, we keep going back for doctor's appointments and we keep having to wait. He failed a hearing test in December and they said his ear drums were flat. Today he still had fluid in his ears so we cancelled an audiology appt for tomorrow. They want him back in 6 weeks and if it isn't cleared up then, we'll go to the ENT and maybe get tubes put in. The doc said the fluid can turn into a jello like substance and they hear everything muffled (which could explain some speech issues.). Mostly I just hate to think that he is having some delayed learning because of this. So now we wait again!!!
One thing that made me laugh today was at the doctor's, she wanted to hear Dylan speak so she asked him who his friends were. He said "Ryan." She asked what he looked like (I'm not sure Dylan would be able to answer that well) but his answer was "a zombie." (Don't get offended Amy P....no clue why he said that...Ryan is darling. :-) ) The doctor gave me a dirty look and asked what he has been watching. I was stumped but then I remebered in their new "My Daddy Snores" book ..the mom looks like a zombie because she is sleep-deprived. Oh well! We are not watching Dawn of the Dead over here.
Monday, March 5, 2007
Waiting
Posted by
Perrin
at
7:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I had no idea you were dealing with hearing issues with Dylan. I hope that it all gets cleared up quickly so you can figure it out and start moving towards a solution.
And I totally cracked up at the zombie comment - kids! :)
Sounds like the Dr. needed a sense of humor...it always seems like my kids come out with something like that in front of someone like that.
On another note...how frustrating for you and Dylan. I hope it gets much better very soon.
I hope you get some answers soon regarding Dylan's hearing.
Like Casey and Amy, I cracked up over the Zombie reference! Too funny! Obviously with the doctor glaring at you and asking for an explanation, you probably didn't find it all that funny at the time! :o)
Yeah for you in finding a new Mommy friend too !!!
I'm definitely not offended - I thought what Dylan told the Dr. was pretty funny. I just feel bad that she was asking you for an explanation! At least he considers Ryan his friend - their little relationship is blossoming - it's very cute to watch!
Camp has an ear infection still and we have an Audiology appt. this month to recheck his hearing...I might have to cancel mine too.
I know how you are feeling Perrin.
By the way I love Dawn of the Dead! But I don't let me kids watch it.
Post a Comment